On Friday, March 2nd the Glenfield College Relay For Life...
The International Languages Department aims to equip students with the skills to communicate in a second language, learn about languages, and view the world from different perspectives.
· Develop communicative skills in French in both written and oral language.
· Develop cultural awareness and understanding.
· Develop language awareness and appropriate usage.
Benefits of Studying another Language
· Learning a second language benefits all students, intellectually, socially, and culturally.
· Learning a second language gives students a better understanding of their mother tongue.
· Learning a second language gives students the skills to learn further languages.
· Exploring language helps students to gain skills and confidence and encourages them to take learning risks.
· Language and culture are inseparable.
· Learning a new language enables students to take their place in a multicultural community and a multilingual world.
Facilities and Resources
· Data presentations form a regular part of teaching.
· The French language assistant is regularly involved in oral classes.
· Language classes make use of ICT facilities, audio and visual recordings.
Opportunities Available to Students
Students have the opportunity to experience French foods in class (petit déjeuner français / escargots / dégustation de fromages / crêpes sucrés).
Head of International Languages/TIC of French
Email: [email protected]