On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 we are holding an NCEA...
Mission Statement of the Mâori Department
Kia eke ngâ tauira ki te angitû.
To enable students to achieve their personal best.
To encourage students to derive enjoyment and satisfaction from:
• developing competence in oral and written Mâori;
• the cultivation of wairua Mâori;
• the understanding, sensitivity towards and respect for te ao Mâori and tikanga Mâori (with emphasis on local tikanga).
Students will be encouraged to:
• speak Mâori accurately and appropriately;
• comprehend spoken Mâori;
• comprehend written Mâori;
• research, analyse, speak and write their thoughts logically on and about;
• te ao Mâori and tikanga Mâori;
• write Mâori accurately and appropriately;
• develop opinions in Maori and be able to communicate them confidently and assertively.
Matua Hone Matthews
Head of Maori
Email: [email protected]