Glenfield College’s Special Needs Department offers a warm and welcoming environment for those students who – for physical, emotional, social or academic reasons – are in need of extra assistance.
We offer a range of services, including the following:
· Making adaptations to the curriculum.
· Helping each student work to his or her potential.
· Creating individual education programmes.
· Speaking and acting on behalf of students in the wider school community.
· Raising staff awareness of issues relating to special needs.
These services are provided by an experienced and committed team of teachers, teacher aides, counsellors and others, including RTLB, SLST, and SES specialists (Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Speech Language Therapist and Educational Psychologist).
We assess students’ needs on entry to school. We maintain close contact with parents/caregivers, contributing schools and we are, of course, in touch with our classroom teachers who are continuously monitoring the progress and well-being of all of our students.
Ms Chrissy Jones-Major
Email: [email protected]