The Glenfield College Textile Department aims to provide practical and theory skills for the textile industry. We follow the technology approach to solving a given issue.
· Develop knowledge and understanding of workplace safety.
· Develop skills in the correct use of sewing machines and equipment.
· Follow the design process and create a textile solution to solve a given issue.
· Develop skills and attitudes that enhance interaction and relationships with others i.e. working as a team, sharing equipment
· Develop creativity skills that can be applied to project work.
The textile room has 19 Bernina machines, ranging from basic sewing machines through to a computerised sewing machine and a specialised embroidery machine. We also have four overlockers and all the other small pieces of equipment that are required; when working with textiles to produce garments that are both creative and of a high standard.
Ms Gill Ferguson
Head of Technology
Email: [email protected]