Welcome to the 2016 School Year
Tuesday 2nd February – Years 12 and 13 Course Confirmation for those required to attend:
- 9:30am Year 13 students will need to attend school to confirm their courses
- 11:30am Year 12 students will need to attend school to confirm their courses
- 1:30pm Year 11 students will need to attend school to confirm their course
A list of students who need to attend school to confirm their courses will be posted on our website www.gc.ac.nz on Friday 29th January. Course confirmation days are a time when subject choices may be changed as a result of external examination results only. Staff will be available at school to discuss option changes with those students and give academic guidance. Students are not required to wear school uniform on this day.
Wednesday 3rd February – Year 9 Students (Students in school uniform)
Year 9 students will need to be at school by 8:45am and assemble in the front carpark, front left-hand side, to be met by the Dean of Year 9. The day will commence with a Powhiri at the school Marae for all new students and new staff at 9:00am, to which parents are invited. Year 9 students will have orientation for the rest of the morning with their class and Student Executive leaders. All Year 9 students take the core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health and Physical Education and a Language, plus the options that were chosen. Year 9 students will receive their timetable on their first day of school. School will finish at 2:30pm.
Wednesday 3rd February – New Students in Years 10, 11, 12 and 13
(Years 10 to 12 must be in school uniform, Year 13 in mufti – as per the Year 13 dress code)
- 8:45am Meet in the carpark in front of the main office block for the Powhiri
- 10:30am Meet with your Level Dean at the Deans’ House
- 11:00am Orientation tour of the school
- 12:00pm Free to go home
Thursday 4th February – Full school day on timetable begins at 8:40am, finishing at 3:10pm. Students in Years 10 to 12 must be in uniform.